Friday, June 30, 2006

The Bigamist..

The summers is over(yeah rains r lashing bbay) .

Some experiences can be funny but frustrating..some so frustrating that u r finally forced to view it funnily. I get glimpses of Bigamy in my summer project!

Bigamy and summer project?

Yes..if anybody is already into thinking in any wrong directions, pls get back..i m not at all talking abt people per se, working in a company. its about a concept ( i hv been inventing too many concepts these days, makkal odha kudukka wait panraa:)) )

To say the least, all through this summer project i hv lived the life of a bigamist :-(

If tam ppl could go back to one of those maadhu cheenu dramas, where maadhu marries a second time, and is working his way thro pipelines shuttling between mythili and janaki, as if he is at both places same time, my situation wd not be entirely different!

The biggest problem with summer projects is living a dual life..u hv to work in the office and if u dont do it the proper way like me, hv to work at home as well..

Alas, I dont hv the luxury of online data updation ( like the ones i studied in MIT, that if i make a word / xl doc at office, hv to mail it to my account to retrieve at home. and vice versa. and i m an aam aadmi, so dont possess those costly pen drives, and i hate using the floppies....

so mail , it has to be..

now whenever i hv serious reviews, the mail fails to deliver or delivers zero k..and i look like a loose bolt of a fused lantern....

the worst part is, at 4 in the morning, when u want to drop down dead, u have to again mail the stuff back to u..and in iit gpo, the thing gets stuck time n again ( one of the most shady mail programmes i hv ever used)..

at times, i fall asleep with comp on, while doing the report, then get up after an hr to shut down the system..and remember that i hv to do trhe drudgery of mailing on to me....

if i take a serious count, i hv never sent so many mails even to my beloved ones, as much as i hv sent to myself....go to office..bus abt to leave at half past five, u start to mail ur work....gpo goes insane, go hare in the brain, run in the rain, take all the strain....and finally left to drain....

now yeah, i hv perfected the art of managing two homes....keep both of them satisfied....work from both places..become less forgetfull....think of both....appreciate, negotiate, satiate....oh this is getting too much....

anyway in a roll, this is all i wanted to say, the life of a project trainee ( minus a pen drive) is much like a bigamist.

btw, why look askance at bigamists? with their management and negotiation skills, there are the true management thinkers....

PS:

I don ofcourse intend to become a management thinker :) and hope that clears the bottomline




2 comments:

P H Karthik said...

Too good Aravindan.

What I had in my mind, you brought it out.
I also manage by slef-mailing. Except that I always self mail to Gmail ID. And do you know how I keep track of what is what? I write the subject is "Work done till Wednesday night 12 42 pm". And even if I make change in only one document, I zip my entire work and self mail the same.
Actually a very funny thing happened. Initially my project mentor had given me a pen drive. I used it for one week and then he asked for it and told me to buy a new one. Till the end I did not buy. Al last, he said "You managed 2 months without buying pen-drive, good".

Aravindan said...

@ karthik,

tnx man! nice to see classes again....summers was boring..

@ maggy,

oh my honour that u hv chosen to comment in my post..

athenna discussion, rendu perum senthu ennai damage?