Monday, August 28, 2006

Rain..

Yet another bore packed session of a vague subject..but with another dazzling display of bombay rains..yeah.... it was raining pretty intensely..all eyes turn towards window view..mine is no exception..

What is so special about rain..well is it really special..?

Rain - The fascination for all ages..continues to enchant everyone from a little kid to a youth to anyone on earth.

A Sign of freedom. Relief from boredom.

Rain is there for u . and for all those around u.

Rain for kids. Rain for romance. Rain for life. Rain for joy. Rain for sorrow. Rain for togetherness. Rain for solitude. Rain for properity. Rain for disaster. Rain for brain. Rain for heart.Rain for mind.Rain for soul.

Does it touch every breath of ur life?

In rains , u can be cold and hot at the same time.

A student loves rains for postponing exams. A professional for taking that odd break from a monotonous life. I love rains for that sleep inducing climate esp when in my hostel room. I know i m blessed to have a bed as good as mine.

As a small boy, rains meant beach in my street....where i can exhibit my marine engg capabilities. build warships. conduct ship races. or sometimes, with all those goldfishes finding its way into the streets, make a mini aquarium. play cricket in a swamped street. with water splashing all over ur face. get a washer from a passerby bus.

u can have all the showers from the heavens. with thunder and lightening. a moment of fear. but also the moment for being near to ur dear.

u can feel Nature's power, when u run for cover. listen to the thunder. get struck with wonder. u don need a skype or a satellite for communication with nature.

why do i get happy inside when it rains outside?

why this simmering feeling of liberation? or is this all mere abberation?

There is no escape from rain. I know it.

It rains not just outside. It rains right inside my heart.



6 comments:

Taruna said...

If you enjoy rain this much... you got to take a trip to where I live.... the first snow of every year, the completely snow-clad outdoors every morning in the winter season, the snow blizzard.. everything will be so beautiful, pure and serene!!

P H Karthik said...

Very well written.
Rains excite me because in Kerala, rains are equated to holidays. Teachers never used to turn up.
I have always found it difficult to study when I somehow know that because of the rains, classes would be cancelled. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case in IIT Bombay :(
Remember DuckBack Raincoat?- with its big big buttons which my mother used to help me wear while walking back from 1st standard school to home.

Harini said...

Hey ... everyone uses that term ?? beach in my street ??? My street always got flooded .. and it was fun wading thru knee deep water..

postponement is fun... if it gets postponed once or twice ( and not like our 7th sem exams .... We prepared for networks exam thrice !!! ...and two times for OOAd exams ...)

@Aruna

Is that invitation open to me ?? with to and fro ticket and everything sponsered ??? pl ;-)

K7 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
K7 said...

Try getting fully drenched in the rains ARA .....

I assure, you will never feel sleepy on watching rains again ......

Taruna said...

@Harini

Right!! sure.. why not??