Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Timepass?

Whether it is a matter of curiosity or a personal preference, the fact remains that one of the most admired things for me is a library. smaller the better.

almost at the end of the mgmt programme, i have probably never spent much time reading at the library. same holds true for all ppl here. probably the only time the library ever was filled with ppl was when some pics for our placement brochure was needed.

the intertesting thing abt libraries is just about searching for books. i generally enter the library whenever i came too early for some class or when i had to waste time in between classes. i don come with any particular plan for studying a particular book or subject.

believe me gazing at books even more interesting than gazing at pretty girls ( though i m still to find even one such soul, inside SOM..no offence intended to my classmates or the juniors)

i get elated at seeing super thick books with vivid colours and attractive cover pages. if the title is a super jargon, my ecstasy knows no bounds. the thickness of books ushers into me a deep sense of vitality that i shd venture deep into a never ending quest for knowledge. with a strong transparent cover n a silky surface, a book in hand brings in a lot of assurance and so much security into me.

the moment i take the book in my hands and settle in a table, i feel as if i am going to do a thorough research into the topic..as if my future was all going to depend on that particular book. not withstanding that, i take 3-4 books, all of such gigantic sizes to spur my intellectual interests.

with very less time around with classes scheduled ahead, i go thro the wholle book , admiring all the topics it covers, ofcourse, not caring to do a meaningful study on even one topic. what i do achieve is finding a book worthwhile which i can study later. but study later is a tough proposition. it never happens.

nevertheless, it brings so much of good feelings within me. for those few moments, i feell myself to really studious with some sense of purpose in life. once out of the library, and onto the classes, i find my self feeling irritated abt my whole life n what i am actually doing with it all the while.

in short, for someone who is random, arbit , goal less in life n wants to waste time without doing meaningful, but wants to achieve a few moments of unexperienced happiness, a small library is the best bet!

i really bet!

6 comments:

Aravindan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
P H Karthik said...

Very much true.
Whenever I go to my library, I feel that I should not restrict myself to the set syllabus and that I should explore all areas of management. I have also tried taking some book, only to return it with fine after repeated reminders from the librarian.

There are always some people, who at the instance of getting the syllabus sheet, rush to the library and borrow the prescribed books. As a result of such people, I have never been able to locate the book which I wanted to borrow.
I used to borrow Hardy Boys in school and Agatha Christie during college.
I dont know why the library should be an ultra-quite place. The eerieness of the library drives me crazy. If I had my way, I will install a 10000W music system in the library and also invite students to sing or speak on something. It would improve their vocal or public speaking skills.

Harini said...

Hey yenna suddena Lib kku ithana feelings ?
Even though I am expected to spend quite a lot of time with books .. as u know I obv dont do it :-D .
Also you know Lib should have nice couches/mats where you can read in comfort.
@Karthick
Returning with fine .. fully agreed .

Taruna said...

:-)..... Everytime I go to the library it is with motivation for a particular title(s) or atleast some author(s)...I like to browse around but only to either look for new books or to see whats available in a section.....ofcourse, the public library system here also allows us to borrow media and its wi-fi enabled.. so, I try to go there weekly!!

Rambler registries said...

Books...however you try to read them, they are always fun. I bet a lot of guys pose to read gigantic books, to impress the girls around! Just kidding, being an avid reader myself books always draw me near. I also like the smell of libraries..very bookish. my first visit to a library...Conmerra yes, those memories linger fresh! Gives me one more topic to post a blog! Nice blog!
Cheers
Priya.

K7 said...

"in short, for someone who is random, arbit , goal less in life n wants to waste time without doing meaningful, but wants to achieve a few moments of unexperienced happiness ........"

To complete the above sentence, which happens to be the last sentence of your blog :

"is to keep writing blogs on such topics and discuss it's comments throughly ;)" ..... enna aravinda . enna solara