Saturday, March 18, 2006

Moments of Happiness

I was never going to write a post. 10.30 PM. woke up after a short nap with a case in hand. one more case after that. all for a marketing class tomm. Suddenly a mail appears from nowhere. classes cancelled due to unavoidable reasons. ahaaaa. one more sunday saved for me.

I call this ecstasy. I cud not stop myself shouting myself in the corridor. at the top of my voice.
" No Classes Tomorrow"!!!! few doors open. some strange stares. who cares???? i m so happy. So i wanted to write abt happiness.

What is happiness?

ever since the advent of civilisation. all thro stone, bronze age , industrial revolution, IT revolution, just one Q remains defiant. fails to be answered. or atleast the context has not changed. What is happiness???? yes. this is the same Q appearing and reappearing in everybody's mind. and in my mind too.

Topping in school. nice degree. cracking competitive exams. fat pay package. foriegn posting. tech savvy gadgets. holidaying in hawii. marrying a girl of choice. mercedes. a mobile+microprocesor. world famous. Bharat Ratna award. daily flashes in newspaper. creating a business empire. richest man in the world. everybody's turning to u for advice. guest of honour at school/college. wow.

okay. but where is happiness here. well.

For me happiness is in things which we fail to notice. infact things we neglect.

ask me. what is happiness.

when i ride on my oonjal at the centre of the hall. full speed. with filter coffee. aavi parakka. sometimes SANDHYA VANDHANAM on the oonjal. a hot discussion with daddy. when amma feeds me food on hand. paati screams at me for being negligent. akka sits for doing all the packing for college. street cricket. cleaning our water sump. pooja ranks me equal with her father as her most influential person. even ahead of sudha chithi. trade. even if i am losing. watching tintin on cartoon network. at 6.30 AM. so early. borrowing tinkle and children's digest from sukanya. practising vocals with her. in motta maadi. shreya asleep on my lap. trouble shooting her reasons of crying with akka. just sitting. blankly. on the sofa. watching TV. that is switched off! bombing a bhusvanam. screeching the gate open. as daddy enters by an auto. the joy of living in an independent house. my house. my way. discussing music with mukund. asleep in class. coffee shack. maggi bonda. cold coffee. time pass with keshav. recovering from a shoulder dislocation. masala dosa. and banana milk shake.
@ 2AM. vivek comedies. music composing. debating on psychology and people. blogging. AMMA's fan club. Dream theatre. marketing class cancelled tomorrow. one more pending. summer posting in madras. will it be a dream or reality? the holi play. sleeping. snoozing my mobile alarm continuously for an hr without gettin up. the moment just after submitting the paper of the final exam. infact the best moments of my life has been while talking with paati. and playing dhaayakattam. and chinese chequers. and when she asks me everytime i visit madras- innum samathaa thaan irukiyaa....with a mischievous gleam-obviously expecting answers from me. i never had any.

do we notice these? I do. Happiness.

I feel so happy. there is no marketing class tomm. leaves me time for conducting my survey. 100 responses. way to go.



3 comments:

Ronymaru. said...

No se que es mejor.Si recordar los momentos de felicidad, o hacer esos momentos.En fin.

Aravindan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
P H Karthik said...

very correct description of where all one can find happiness. I fully understand your point. One more point I want to add. Having Sambhar+Curd Lunch on Saturday mess and then sleeping lika a log :) I luv it.