Monday, July 31, 2006

Full Circle

Atlast!!!!

It happened!!!! i am a relieved person.

I was a disillusioned lot for quite some days..the events which used to happen a year back were not happening and certainly i felt something amiss in life.

No longer. i m back..yes i m truly back!!

Well aravindan, without his string of lafdas would be reduced to a mere mortal. and that was my only worry all these days. and today i feel a sense of achievement ( or non achievement to be precise)

After two years of waiting, i had made up- my mind to file my tax returns. atlast. i was feeling proud within me as if i was doing a grt favour to the govt. well i was. but not as much. i had my stake in it. the givt owed me a refund on the extra TDS that the company had deducted in my monthly pay cheque. and today was believed to be the last day for filing or sth!

Before we bite the meat of the story, a short intro to the strange relationship ( oh..once more) with my company. while i had a grt time when i was in job, the company had a terrific time with me the moment i had resigned. To give a little idea, i put in my papers 7 days prior to completion of the appraisal period for the year. and that was the last straw. my performance bonus for the year was scrapped. and my appraisal form not even handed a cursory look..i had put my case for escalation which bore no fruit..then they din send the F16 ( not the fighters, i mean Form 16 for IT returns). Finally my provident fund cheque is yet to reach me after a year..hopefully it will be done by the weekend..wats more, for the forms to reach me, i had to bombard the presidents and sr, exec vice presidents for the way in which the company handled ( or mishandled me)..and in 2 days the forms reached me..

So it is quite apparent that there was not love lost between me and the company..and i can tell u we have not seen the end still..

So here i am. waiting to file my returns.

so after a rather insipid lunch, i headed for teh bus stop..my mobile was down on charge..
i realised that i din know my bank account number ( it had changed recently) . called karthik and before i cud get it, my mobile got discharged..waited at the bus stop for almost an hr! form not yet filled..no account number..mobile discharged..super jaathakam..

finally landed up at the IT office..india at its best! loooooooooong Qs....i filled the forms..wrongly..then again..i din have the account number as yet..

i tried my discharged mobile..it was on..for 5 secs..just saw a message from karthik..just as i read the a/c no in 3 secs, the mobile went down..THANK GOD..i din want to hunt for phone booths there..so finally i was shown a long Q..and i stoof there dazed..

we (all ppl in the Q) slowly moved up in life..i mean the stairs and all..

then came the next bombshell!!!! the form needed the bank micr code which i din know..i din have the bank number..and my mobile was discharged! no phones out there in the sec floor..iff left the Q for phone booth again i had to start all over!!! luckily a guy nearby helped me with his mobile....and i had the number of person who dealt with my educational loan..so fortunately got the micr code!!

finally!! after 4 hrs....of wastage ( non utilisation of time for productive activities like blogging, orkutting and chatting)

i was now ready to submit the form..and the lady in charge went thro the form 16 for entering in the system..she gave me a hard look and said..

" ur tax cell guy has not even signed on this form16 for authentication" !!!!

THE END
x---------x



3 comments:

Harini said...

Yedho vazkai sumugama poona vida mattiye .... Adukunnu poi oru Q la ninnu inda madiri bulb vangikannama ??

yedho .. inda kadravi yellam naan panna vedam in near future.. (cos I don have any money :-D )

Taruna said...

OMG.. such hassles.. and that too, unakku..

hmmhmhmmhmmhmm..

Aravindan said...

@ harini,

pazhagi pochu..:(

@ aruna,

" and that too, unakku" means what??