Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mediocre life - VIT Life begins - # 2

Life provides ample reasons and opportunities for untold surprises....so what is the Q? everybody faces the vissitudes of life....no one is a virgin, everyone is screwed. but whether a lone individual can be eternally commited to lafdas is a thought worth introspecting....

here goes a blow by blow account of how worse things were already, continued to be so and that at a rate each overshadowing the previous.

it all began with a rather uneventful college life. a chosen one....to screw oneself. a college i was destined by join for there was this last chemical engineering seat begging to be taken by a champu who had no inkling of what a chemical engg degree was to provide him in life....(till date this funduchemguy aka FCG has never discovered the difference between a B.E and a B.Tech Degree, while also least interested in knowing the same), after miserably flunking the JEE. For a fact of life, totally bungled up the HSC and TN entrance exams in the name of JEE. and i stood there gazing at the admission screen desperately hoping to get that last seat in VIT. Finally by the end of the day, thanked my stars that i almost sneaked into this insti, the one i were to hate later every bit.

The insti , situated a good 2 hrs travel by a superfast train was reason enough to disappear from college every given chance ( perhaps not just given but taken chances too) and i found my saviour in brindavan and kovai express which were to transport me to and fro....so much so that i had to include them in my vote of thanks in my farewell note on my college convocation.

Railway stations were to become my second home ,a three month train pass - passport to my immediate future, railway stall pongal and cocunut chutney my staple diet, college studies - a forgotten commitment and finally my future - a foregone conclusion.

No comments: